Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Rooting for our enemies

Walhydra had an interesting surprise this morning from one of her old buddies on the Crone Thread listserv.

A dear cyberfriend named Igraine has been reading Rob Brezsny's book
Pronoia Is the Antidote for Paranoia: How the Whole World Is Conspiring to Shower You with Blessings.

Brezsny is Wahydra's
favorite astrologer, because he insists upon finding good readings for every occasion. Someone has called him the Master of Rowdy Bliss, and Walhydra totally agrees.

Rather than waste her own words giving an inadequate third-hand description, she's going to give you Igraine's words:

I can't even begin to describe this book. Oddly, or maybe not, it was the only one in the store when I was there, and it was kind of "stuck in" a place where I think someone had just put it down. It really called out to me.

Suffice to say that I am thoroughly re-examining my attitudes and outlooks on a lot of things. Particularly in the political arena. I am coming to realize that our politicians and our "enemies," i.e., terrorists, etc., are probably our greatest benefactors and teachers right now because they are working SO HARD to show us how not to be.

So, I bless them. I thank them. Dare I say, I ENCOURAGE them? Do your worst. Show us how bad-awful we can be so we'll be sick of it and want to be better. I realize they are the perfect teachers, here at the perfect time.

The "critical mass" is growing. Those people all over the world who want "things" to be better, to figure out new ways of relating with each other, our next door neighbors on the street, and our geographic neighbors in the world. It will happen, it IS happening. Thank the teachers, and then move on.

What you resist, persists, so quit resisting it, and go out and create the world you want to be in. Sometimes, things DO go away if you ignore them.
And so it is.

Blessèd Be.