On the one hand, it's delightful to learn that other bloggers read and value her blog. And there are a number of blogs she reads and loves...or at least keeps in touch with through RSS subscriptions on Bloglines.
"On the other hand," she pouts, "a lot of the blogs I look at aren't personal blogs so much as journalistic or mass-media ones. I feel kinda silly saying 'I love your blog' to some guy in D.C. who writes insider's posts on national and global policy issues. I hate fandom!"
On the third hand....
"Maybe I can show off how erudite and cool I am."
Joking aside, Walhydra is pleased to have this longlasting cyber-friendship with Igraine, whom she quoted in yesterday's post. They met on the Crone Thread years ago and have remained good buddies...even though they've not yet managed to be on the same spot on the planet at the same time.
"Hm," Walhydra wonders. "Maybe cyberspace has replaced flying brooms."
A few weeks ago, Igraine tagged Walhydra with the "Love Note" meme.
Thanks so much, Igraine, Dearie!
Of course, Walhydra's first frustration is that CO-GrumpyGranny is one of the blogs she would have tagged. Her second frustration is that someone else already tagged one of her mostest favoritest blogs, Quaker Pagan Reflections (QPR).
But then, she doesn't see a rule against duplication. The original rules are
1. Put the logo on your blogWalhydra likes the addition on QPR, "I am officially changing all five rules to end with the phrase, IF YOU WANT TO," so she figures she can fudge anyway she wants to.
2. Link to the person from whom you received the award
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs
4. Put links to those blogs on yours
5. Leave a message on the blogs nominated.
Since her circle of favorites are bloggers who keep *ahem* tagging each other, one of the ways she's going to fudge is to include some interesting blogs which might not be her favorites.
Here's her list:
1. Quaker Pagan Reflections. Cat Chapin-Bishop and Peter Bishop have been friends and teachers almost since Walhydra joined the blogosphere. Deep, thoughtful, sometimes playful consideration of all the contradictions built into crossing faith boundaries. Take a look at their "Greatest Hits" posts.That's enough, Walhydra thinks.
2. Amazing Things A bit mysterious as to who posts it, but full of fantastic images and items. Walhydra first stumbled onto this one through de.licio.us, when she found this item, "Urban Art: Big Illusion." Check out the "Additional Links," especially Painted Blog.
3. 3QuarksDaily ("An Eclectic Digest of Science, Art and Literature"). Walhydra's genius brother turned her onto this one. There's no simple way to describe it, except to say that each day you get strange and fascinating bits of info from every realm of endeavor.
4. xkcd.com ("A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language"). Just weird and brilliant.
[Note: Cat already tagged Alison Bechdel's Dykes To Watch Out For, but Walhydra just has to mention it here.]
5. Acrentropy (" 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth"). Walhydra has tagged this one before. She knows her librarian colleague and friend who publishes it doesn't like being tagged, so she probably won't pester him. But...you really need an RSS subscription to this one.
Alonso Mosley (not his real name) is a master at finding funny, weird, tragic and all-of-the-above pieces on the 'Net. (Walhydra's most favorite post recently is this one.)
Walhydra always recommends Alonso's highly professional index of entertainment media, The La-La Land Library: Entertainment Web Directory. More recently, Alonzo has been creating amazing video compilations (see the amanuensis' comments over at The Surly Librarian).
She'll consider sharing more later.
Thanks again, Igraine, and